Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: What services do you offer?
A: We offer a range of services including tax preparation, tax planning, representation before the IRS, audits, Tax Debt Resolution CAA ITIN Service, Bookkeeping, Sales Tax, Entity formation and more!

Q: How can I schedule a consultation?
A: You can schedule a consultation through our website's booking page. We offer a free 15-minute call to discuss your needs, explain our services and discuss pricing if needed.

Q: What documents do I need to bring for my 1040 tax return preparation appointment?
A: As a paper-free office, we strive to keep all documents in electronic format. After signing your tax preparation engagement, please upload all relevant tax documents to your client portal (W2s, 1099s, 1098s, 1095, etc.). Your tax accountant will message you via client portal chat if any documents seem to be missing, or additional information is required. For a tax return review appointment, you will only need to bring documents that weren't previously uploaded online.

Q: What documents and information is required for filing business tax returns?
A: Accurate financial statements such as Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet are required for S-corporations, C-corporations, and partnerships. If your financial statements are incorrect or if bookkeeping has not been completed, you may need to utilize our bookkeeping services. For schedule C clients, we may accept Excel spreadsheets with income/expenses or Schedule C organizer (will be provided to you). We will also need to see your firm's formation documents and past returns.

Q: Can we bring kids to the tax appointment?
A: Yes, kids are welcome in the office.

Q: What types of appointments do you offer?
A: We offer in-office appointments as well as video chat appointments via Google Meets.

Q: Do you provide services to non-English-speaking clients?
A: Yes, we provide services to clients who speak/understand Russian language. However, our 24/7 reception may not answer questions in Russian. Generally, we welcome all immigrants. We provide most communication during tax preparation via writing, which makes it easier for immigrants to communicate. Moreover, tax return review appointments (in office or via video chat) aren't mandatory.

Q: If I recently moved to the USA, can you do my tax return?
A: Yes, we provide tax services to new immigrants. There could be additional issues such as "dual-status" residents, missing SSN, foreign accounts, etc. If you plan to file your first tax return in the USA, please make sure to schedule an initial 15-min call so we can discuss what's needed to be filed based on your particular circumstances.

Q: When is the deadline for filing my taxes?
A: The deadline for filing individual tax returns is April 15th of each year. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it is extended to the next business day. Business returns may have different deadlines.

Q: Can I file an extension for my taxes?
A: Yes, you can file an extension, which will give you an additional six months to file your return. However, this does not extend the time to pay any taxes due. We file extension for engaged clients who signed contracts for tax return preparation.

Q: What happens if I miss the tax filing deadline?
A: If you miss the filing deadline, you may be subject to penalties and interest on any taxes owed. It's important to file as soon as possible to minimize these penalties. Penalty abatement might be available depending on the circumstance for a service fee.

Q: Do you help with past due or unfiled tax returns?
A: Yes, we can assist you with filing past due tax returns and resolving any issues with the IRS regarding unfiled returns.

Q: Do you provide services for small businesses?
A: Yes, we specialize in tax services for small businesses, including bookkeeping, payroll, and tax planning.

Q: How do you handle sales tax reporting for my business?
A: We can assist you in preparing and filing sales tax returns, ensuring that you are compliant with state and local regulations.

Q: What should I do if I receive a notice from the IRS?
A: Contact us immediately. We can help you understand the notice and work with the IRS on your behalf to resolve any issues. If the notice is due to the firm's error, we will work on resolving penalties for free. If the penalty is a result of past due payment, not filing tax returns on time, not providing all income documents during tax preparation or any other taxpayer's fault, we can still assist with resolving the issue for a fee.

Q: Does tax preparation fees include help with IRS notices, representation before the IRS, audits, and tax debt resolution?
A: Tax preparation fees do not include any services apart from tax preparation. However, clients may purchase Client Care packages that include some of these services.

Q: Can you represent me in an audit?
A: Yes, as an enrolled agent, we are authorized to represent you before the IRS in audits, collections, and appeals.

Q: What is an enrolled agent (EA)?
A: An enrolled agent is a tax professional licensed by the IRS. EAs are authorized to represent taxpayers before the IRS in all matters including audits, collections, and appeals. EAs can work with clients from any state.

Q: How much do your services cost?
A: Our fees vary based on the complexity of the work and the services required. We can provide a detailed quote after understanding your needs during the initial consultation. You can review pricing based on services and forms on our website as well before scheduling an appointment.

Q: Can your tax firm be creative in tax strategies to make me pay less tax?
A: Enrolled Agents are licensed by the IRS and must adhere to strict ethical standards. The goal is to find the best legal tax strategies to minimize your taxes. Remember, tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion is not! We work with taxpayers on minimizing taxes, but the strategies must be legal as per IRC, court cases, etc.

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept various forms of payment, including credit cards, debit cards, and bank transfers, cash, Venmo, CashApp.

Q: How do you ensure the privacy of my information?
A: We take the privacy and security of your information very seriously. Our systems are secured with the latest encryption technology, and we adhere to strict confidentiality policies.

Q: Can I get tax advice through social media?
A: While we provide general information through our social media channels, we do not offer personalized tax advice through these platforms. For specific advice, please schedule a consultation.

Q: What's your office hours, and how fast can I get a response to my questions?
A: Office hours are M-F 10am-6pm PT. You can call reception 24/7 to leave a message for a tax accountant. Contact # is 279-255-0500. Reception can't answer tax questions and provide tax quotes. However, they'll promptly forward your question or a message to a tax accountant. Response time from a tax accountant is generally within 24 hours. (usually much faster if you inquired during business hours).

Q: As a client, will I get any tax tips, reminders or other info from my accountant during the year?
A: Yes, we post relevant information, news, and reminders on our social media channels and send emails to clients to make sure they don't miss important tax deadlines. Please make sure to follow our social media. Facebook has a special tax group dedicated to our Russian-speaking clients. The website also has resources and articles related to taxation.

Read FAQs in Russian