At AM Tax, we value your privacy and consider maintaining your trust and confidence as a top priority. Respecting your right to keep personal information confidential and understanding your preference to avoid unwanted solicitations are integral to our commitment.
It's important to note that AM Tax utilizes a third-party client portal that is secured and encrypted, in addition to employing professional tax software to ensure the utmost security.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to prepare your personal income tax returns and may also provide various tax and financial planning services to you at your request.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
• Interviews and phone calls with you
• Letters or e-mails from you
• Tax return or financial planning organizers, and
• Financial history questionnaires.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
• To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
• In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of organization.
• As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
Confidentiality and Security Measures
Unless otherwise stated in this notice, access to nonpublic personal information about you is restricted to employees of our firm and other authorized parties. These individuals are required to use the information solely for the purpose of providing services to you. Their ability to disclose and utilize this information is limited by our firm's policies, relevant laws, our Code of Professional Conduct, and, where appropriate, nondisclosure agreements.
To further safeguard your personal information, we have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. These measures are in place to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction of your information.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve your accounting, tax, and financial planning needs. Your business is highly valued, and we are dedicated to preserving your privacy. We aspire to be your most trusted advisor, continuously working to earn and maintain your trust. If you have any questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing us to meet your service needs.